The days are gone when we used to warm water with heating rods or on gas stoves. Now, nobody has that much time & patience to wait. And why should we wait when with the best geysers in India we can get the constant supply of hot water within few minutes.
Buying the best water heater for a bathroom is not less than finding a soul mate. We all know how much we love our morning showers, but in winters the scenario is different. To enjoy showers in winters as well just install best geysers in your home.
- We Highly recommend you to read the Water Heater Buying Guide at the end of the article to get in-depth knowledge.
Table Of Content
- Best 25-Litre Geyser
- Best 15-Litre Geyser
- Best Instant water heaters
- Top picks from us
- Things to keep in mind/ Buyer’s Guide
- Type of Water Heater based on storage tanks
- TYPES OF WATER HEATERS BASED ON ENERGY SOURCE
- Selecting the perfect Size
- Don’t ignore the Power Consumption
- Choose the right geyser based on water type: Hard or soft
- Maintenance & Warranty
- Best Brands of Geysers in India
Best Water Heater – Geyser
Best 25-Litre Geyser
AO Smith HSE-SDS Water Heater
The AO Smith HSE – SDS water heater comes with a stylish & compact design. This water Heater would hardly take any space in your bathroom. With the storage tank capacity of 15L & 25L the water heater ensures the consistent supply of warm water. To provide maximum resistance against corrosion the inner tank of this water heater comes with Blue Diamond Glass Lining. The heating rod is also glass coated which prevent any scale formation on the surface.
With the temperature control Knob in the water heater one can manually set the temperature. In case if the temperature exceeds the preset level, the power supply will get cuts off automatically. The safety valve of the water heater ensures the automatic discharge of water in any case of raise in pressure of the tank.
With the BEE ratings of 4 stars AO Smith HSE-SDS is one of the best suit for your bathroom. The water Heater comes with 7 years of warranty on the inner tank & 4 year on the Heating element. So on the whole, the AO Smith HSE-SDS water heater has a good value for money & will be a suitable choice for a medium size family.
- Seven years of warranty on the tank& Two years of warranty on the overall product.
- Blue Diamond glass lined tank for protection against corrosion.
- Good value for money.
- Installation Charges adds extra burden.
Crompton Arno Neo ASWH-2115 Storage Water Heater
Crompton Solarium has a very appealing & eye catching design. With the 4 star ratings by Bureau of Energy Efficiency, the Crompton Solarium is available in 2 different storage capacity 15 L & 25 L. This capacity is more than enough for a medium family to enjoy hot water baths.
The Geyser has an adjustable temperature knob to set the heating temperatures between 25 degree celsius to 75 degree celsius according to your requirements. With Auto thermostat feature, Water heater follows automatic power cuts, which will stop heating water once the water reaches the required temperature.So no worries, in case if you forget to switch off the geyser, it won’t cost you extra money.
All these smart features make this water heater the best choice for someone who enjoys hot water showers.
- Advanced safety systems
- Quick Heating
- High pressure resistance
- Extra cost for installation accessories
American Micronic Imported Water Heater (15-25 Lts)
Designed by the American Micronic Instruments, the water heater claims the best protection against corrosion with 2mm thick Titanium enamel glass coating on the inner tank. The water Heater is available in two different size; 15 & 25 Liter. The water Heater can easily handle 8 bar pressure & comes with 2 Year Replacement Warranty.
The best part about this is, one can operate it on three different power modes to save electricity. With BEE 5-star ratings the device itself ensures less power consumption.
- Suitable for high rise buildings
- Titanium enamel glass lined tank
- Magnesium Anode for Corrosion Protection
- Takes a bit longer to warm water, Initially
Bajaj New Shakti 25 Litre water heater
- The geyser is rated as 4-star product by BEE
- Best safety measures protection
- Glassline coating on the inner tank
- Incoloy heating element
- Specially designed to tackle hard water problems
- Decent price.
- Large storage capacity.
- Retains Heat
- Installation is not free.
Best 15-Litre Geyser
Havells Monza EC Storage Water Heater
Coming from a namely brand Havells, Monza geyser has feroglass technology for better corrosion protection. Havells Monza Geyser is available in three different storage options: 10, 15 & 25-litre. You can choose the right one based on your needs. As Havells is known for its best electric part protection, this device also keeps those standards. The water heater has a temperature control knob & can stand pressure of up to 8 bar. The device is highly energy efficient with 5-star BEE rating. This comes with 5 Years warranty on the inner tank and 2 years on the product.
- Earth Leakage protection available
- Adjustable knob for temperature control
- No warranty on Heating element.
- Not ideal for joint families.
Kenstar Jacuzzi KGS15W5P 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
This water heater comes with 15-Litre storage tank build with corrosion-resistant stainless steel. Kenstar Jacuzzi is highly energy efficient & has been rated with 5-star by Bureau of Energy Efficiency.With elegant design & durable performance the water heater is ideal for a medium sized family. The water heater fulfills all the required safety standards with some advance features like automatic thermal cut, safety valve, ISI certified Heating element. The water Heater works on heat retention technology to limit the heat loss which means water will stay warm for longer period.
The best thing about the product is, it comes with six years of warranty on the tan & two years of warranty on the heating element. On the other hand, the water heater lacks the temperature control knob so you cannot set the temperature as per your need, so this is considered to be its major drawback.
- Six-year warranty on the tank
- Suitable for medium family
- Maintain water temperature for a long time
- Temperature control knob is not present.
Best Instant water heaters
Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
One of the most affordable water heaters one can buy right now is Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus. The water heater is budget friendly, ISI certified & also safe in every aspect. It will give you hot water within few minutes. Once the water heater is switched on, two LED indicators will get light up. Green one shows the geyser is working and the red one indicates the power supply. Weight of this instant water heater is 3.3kg. The geyser is made up of ABS plastic which makes it completely rust & corrosion proof.The thermostat of the water heater is pre-set at 55C. Once the heating element reach the pre set temperature, the device will automatically off the power supply. Crompton offers 2 years of manufacturing warranty over this product.
- Sleek in design
- Corrosion & rust proof
- Not a good choice for showers
AO Smith EWS-3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater
AO Smith EWS is another one of the best instant water heater in India. This 3-Litre Instant water heater is build with superior quality plastic for better rust & corrosion protection. The heating element of the water heater is glass coated which prevents the scale formation inside the tank and also ensures the longer life of the product.
With standing capacity of 95 psi, the water heater is a ideal choice for high rise buildings. The water heater is also loaded with many smart features like Thermostat, which allow the device to cut the power supply once the water reaches the desired temperature.
The water heater also stands out for its compact & aesthetic design. One will get the hot water within few minutes with this instant water heater. AO Smith offers 3 years of element warranty over this product.
As our verdict we can say that with this pricing this water heater is an ideal choice among other instant water heaters.
- Ideal for High rise apartments
- Value for money
- Not suitable for big families.
Bajaj Flora 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
If you are looking for the best instant water Heater with attractive design, durable performance from a trustworthy brand, then this water Heater is Ideal for you. Bajaj, a well-known brand of Indian market is offering this premium quality water Heater with 3-litre storage capacity. This type of water heater is well suited for a single person; kitchen or basins use. This water heater will heat up the water within few minutes with its tough heating element.
One can check the power & heating functions with the help of neon indicators. The water heater is highly rust-proof, fire proof & safe in every emergency aspect. The water heater is made up of thermoplastic & it comes with two years of warranty.
- Heating element has long life.
- Better safety features.
- Only suitable for minimal use.
Top picks from us
We know it’s a tough choice to make. All the above water heaters are very promising, but as everybody has some favorites we also do. Following are the top picks from us:
- American Micronic Imported Water Heater: The water Heater has all the best features to get ranked as first in our list. The water heater has best ratings on Amazon as well.
- Bajaj New Shakti 25 Litre water Heater: Perfect choice for a middle class family. Best features & protection at pocket friendly prices.
- AO Smith HSE-SDS Water Heater: If you want best technology for your bathroom without worrying about the budget than this is the best water heater to have.
- Read out in-depth guide about Instant Geyser vs Storage Geyser
Things to keep in mind/ Buyer’s Guide
Selecting the best geyser or water heater is still a heavy toll for many. There are already so many brands in the market that are offering the best water heaters in India. The choice of the right type of geyser for your home depends on many factors like the budget, usage, family size, brand, power consumption & offered features others. So here we will be discussing some of the considerable factors one must not miss out while choosing the best geyser.
Type of Water Heater based on storage tanks
The foremost thing that one needs to decide is what type of water heater or geyser they want. There are different types of water heaters present in the market based on one’s need.
- Instant Geysers: Instant water heaters are the ones without storage tanks. They occupy very little space as compared with water heaters with storage tanks. As soon as you switch on your Instant water heater, you will get the hot water instantly. As the geysers are tank less so there is no water wastage with these. Zero heat loss, less power consumption, compact size makes them perfect choice for a small family. These type of water heaters are generally used for kitchen & basin use.
- Water Heater with storage tanks: These types of geysers come with storage tanks. The capacity of the tank varies from 1 Litre to 30 Litres. Based on your daily requirements you can choose the storage capacity accordingly. As these geysers store the warm water they are best suited for bathrooms & laundry rooms. A medium family needs upto 20 Litre of hot water for bathing. If you have bathtubs or you enjoy hot showers then always opt geysers with more than 25 Litre capacity. These type of geysers may affect your pockets because of more power consumption.
Types of Water Heaters based on Energy Source
- Electric water Heaters: These geysers use electric heating element to warm water, which implies electricity consumption. Electric water Heaters are most commonly found in Indian Market. They offer a lot of smart features like automation, thermostat, temperature control & many others.
- Gas water Heaters: These geysers consume LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) or propane to operate. They warm water more quickly as compared to electric geysers. There installation is bit complicated one has to install a gas cylinder along with the device. This type of geyser is mostly tankless & is best suit for kitchen use.
- Solar water Heaters: Recently, these geysers are very much in trend. Not only because they are eco-friendly, but also because of the lower running cost. Anybody living in independent house must install these water heaters. As the installation is bit costly & complicated, these are not suitable for people living in small apartments & tenants.
Let’s compare all three of them to get a clear picture.
|Aspects||Electric water Heaters||Gas water Heaters||Solar water Heaters|
|Installation Process||Very Easy||Medium||Difficult|
|Service Life||8-12 years||4-6 years||Lifetime|
Selecting the perfect Size:
Choose the Geyser size based on your requirements. If you are living alone & not a huge fan of hot showers then instant geysers will be the perfect choice for you. On the other hand for a medium size family geysers might need a geyser with 10-15 Litres storage capacity. Showers & bucket bathing might also effect the storage requirements.
Don’t ignore the Power Consumption
Always choose the products with better BEE ratings, as power consumption play an important role in the running cost of any device. Storage geysers consume more electricity as compared with the Instant geysers. So choose wisely, according to your needs.
Choose the right geyser based on water type: Hard or soft
If you are living in an area with soft water supply then you are lucky enough to choose any of the basic water heaters without any concerns. As with soft water the product won’t be facing any difficulties.
But in case of hard water supplies, one should pay extra attention towards the inner coating of the tank. As due to hard water scale formation & corrosion water heater performance may get disturbed. For hard water always choose corrosion or rust free tanks.
Maintenance & Warranty
Choose the water heater that requires less maintenance & offers the best warranty over the product. Some brands do not offer individual warranty on elements. Better you choose the one with longer warranty on elements as well as on whole product.
Best Brands of Geysers in India
All Indian as well as global brands are offering their best features in the market. Based on availability, performance, cost & design we have short listed some of the
|Indian Brands||Global Brands|
Don’t get confused to choose the best one among these top 9 geysers in India. All of them are best at their performance. All you need to do is make a list of your requirements, budgets and specification that you expect from a water heater & choose the best match among them.